This course serves as a complete introduction to Air Traffic Control for people who work within the aviation industry, from administrative employees up to management positions. Additionally, we recommend the course for staff working within organisations which cooperate or liaise with ATC and the aviation industry. For example: aviation media, technical & IT staff, HR, and safety-related industries.
After completing the course, participants:
- Understand the overall ATC environment, the different levels of ATC, and the responsibilities and duties each of these different controllers have.
- Have knowledge of operational aspects that ATCOs deal with in their day-to-day work.
- Understand the specific language used in the ATC environment: phraseology, definitions, rules.
- Have basic knowledge about the interactions between ATCOs and staff in other roles within the aviation environment: pilots, ATCO assistants, flight data officers and briefing officers
- Have basic knowledge about safety, and the traffic handling procedures in Air Traffic Services.
- Know about the used equipment and technologies and the related environmental issues.
- Have real working experience from actively participating in simulator exercises and a study visit.
For more information, please visit our website.