What You'll Do
- Monitor data network devices and overall network health and performance.
- Log detailed operations reports pertaining to maintenance and incident response for a global aircraft surveillance tracking system.
- Monitor dashboards and other event/fault management tools, for system, network and performance metrics, alerts, and component failures.
- Log all activity related to the operations and maintenance of the surveillance system, including scheduled checklists, ad hoc activity, and unplanned events.
- Mitigate and troubleshoot service outages, system and network outages, and performance issues.
- Take appropriate action toward resolving system and network problems as they appear or as they are reported by customers or other stakeholders.
- Issue and manage service interruption reports to international customers.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, including written and oral communication skills for discussing issues with Engineering and Operations staff, and international customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and continuous improvement skills.
- A self-motivated, task-oriented, and creative individual with the ability to solve problems.
- 2+ years of recent experience in Command Center Operations, Network Operations, Technical Support, Event/Fault Monitoring and/or Incident Management for complex server and networking systems and/or a Bachelors/Associates degree with equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of direct Customer Service and/or IT Helpdesk Experience