EUROCONTROL is seeking to add Systems Architects to its Network Management Directorate.
- Lead architecture activities related to the domain architecture (Airspace, Flight and Flow) and develop and coordinate architecture roadmaps and plans.
- Develop integration, automation and deployment strategies in line with the TEC I&T vision, mission and transformation plans.
- Collaborate with the IT architects, IT Operations, Information Security and service provider teams to build technical solutions leveraging modern technologies.
- Oversee the digital platform governance interactions and ensure integration with the TEC architecture governance.
- Analyse technical requirements, comprehend needs or problems and identify opportunities to build fit for purpose technology solutions.
- Create awareness and identify how best to promote modern integration technologies and service offerings, and facilitate adoption of digital products.
- Keep up to date with latest technological advancements in the field of expertise.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies:
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology).
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience to carry out the described tasks.
- Experience and knowledge of the following concepts:
- System/Product integration (e.g. API Manager/API Gateway, Messaging (Messaging Patterns and Message Brokers), Event streaming (e.g. Kafka), Service Mesh (e.g. Istio), Serialization Protocols (e.g. Avro, Google Protocol Buffers), Logging & Monitoring - Log aggregation, metrics, visualization, alerting (in particular ELK stack)).
- Product Deployment (e.g. Cloud solutions: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS (in particular on Microsoft Azure),
- Containers and Container Orchestration (Docker, Kubernitis, Openshift), Software delivery pipeline automation (e.g. Jenkins)).
- Security (e.g. Identity and Access Management (IAM and CIAM) (e.g. Okta), Standards: OpenID
- Connect, OAuth 2.0, Secret/Certificate Management, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)).
- Integration architecture experience including complex systems integration, using platforms such as Openshift, will be considered as an important asset.
- Technical drafting skills (English).
- Analytical skills: You apply a methodical approach to complex information.
- Problem Solving: You know how to solve complex problems and provide effective solutions.
- Teamwork: You foster teamwork.
- Communication: You are able to foster two-way communication.
- Quality focus: You set and foster high-quality standards.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1. The selected candidate will be required to become a basic user of French (A1) before the end of the probation period.
- The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).