Metron Aviation is seeking a Mid-Level IT Analyst with strong system administration skills to be part of a dynamic team. Metron Aviation is a collaborative environment that fosters advanced research, concept exploration, product development and support and interaction with the nation's leading aviation subject matter experts. Metron Aviation prides itself on a work environment where employees can succeed.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Be a key member of the world-wide support team, interfacing with customers (phone, e-mail, video conferences) on a regular basis, including answering helpdesk calls for triage and/or resolution
- Understand and suggest improvements to installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Monitor and troubleshoot daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Customer facing support will be required. Candidate should have excellent communication and customer service skills.