Linux Systems Engineer
Metron Aviation, an Airbus subsidiary, is looking to expand its ranks to support the growing need for Air Traffic Management (ATM), product development and mission analysis. Metron Aviation's long-term strategy is to support and accelerate ATM programs that will dramatically improve global airspace capacity, efficiency, and environmental sustainability. Metron Aviation is seeking a Linux Systems Engineer with strong system administration skills to be part of a dynamic team.
Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Provide technical support through the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and solve complex technical problems across multiple technical disciplines.
- Follow Systems Engineering processes to develop technical solutions to engineering problems, ensuring customer and stakeholder requirements are satisfied.
- Perform site reliability engineering functions such as assessing standards, practices, technologies, and ecosystems, making recommendations for improvements and in support of going forward strategies, and facilitating implementation tasks.
- Implements Systems Engineering artifacts across the product development lifecycle.
- Document best practices/procedures, risk assessments, contingency planning, and disaster recovery & business continuity planning
- Write Linux RPM/YUM processes - building new packages, maintaining/updating existing packages and managing software distribution repositories
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Cisco Switches, Kemp Load Balancers and FortiGate Firewalls
- System optimization of complex configurations through performance tuning and resource optimization
- Development of multifaceted shell scripts and reverse engineering of existing scripts and processes
- Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics related discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with the following:
- Linux - Red Hat and CentOS required
- Intermediate Linux shell and BASH scripting experience is required.
- VMWare or Nutanix
- Experience in the engineering of enterprise level information technology systems and solutions including needs analysis, alternatives analysis, technical requirements development, and solution implementation.
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and technical documentation skills
- Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and on a team under pressure with a high level of attention to detail and confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to use learned skills and expertise to support more junior colleagues
- Candidates should have excellent communication and customer service skills