The purpose of the contract will be to support Exercise 2 “Real-Time Simulation of curved operation aspects in the cockpit (V2)” in PJ02-W2-04 which EUROCONTROL is leading.
The objectives of this exercise are:
- Assess optimization of curved operations using GNSS vertical navigation in the TMA in all meteorological conditions
- Study the aspects of the transition from barometric to GNSS based vertical navigation
- Assess the vertical performance of barometric versus geometric final approach procedures
- Assess the use of RF leg(s) during the departure phase, including meteorological and operational aspects, for example, use of different turn radii immediately after departure
- Address Human Performance, Safety, Environment sustainability, and fuel efficiency KPAs based on lessons learned during the V1 validation exercise
- Liaison activities with ICAO Instrument Flight Procedures Panel (IFPP)Click for more info