DECMA/POL runs a number of activities that can be grouped under the generic description of “airports and operations.” These include:
• The analysis of Vertical Flight Efficiency (VE) from the environmental perspective, which is carried out in cooperation with the PRU;
• Active participation in the development of a software tool (V-PAT) and underlying methodology to analyse ADS-B data in order to assess how much CCO/CDO is really taking place in ECAC airspace;
• Contributing to studies of an ad-hoc nature using IMPACT Noise Modelling platform to test the use of Noise Abatement Departure Procedures to evaluate whether they could be applied more effectively to reduce fuel burn, emissions and noise;
• Contributing to the implementation of the EUROCONTROL Collaborative Environmental Management (CEM) Specification across Europe, including peer engagement with operational stakeholders to promulgate the benefits of such CEM Working Arrangements, Workshops co-delivery and development of material;
• Participating in the delivery of a 4-day Environmental in ATM training course at IANS twice per year including development of course material and presenting on operational modules;
• Contributing to studies, from an operational perspective, on Aviation’s impact on Climate Change.
The DPS/POL activities are of a transversal nature which requires the availability of flight crew expertise to ensure that tailored recommendations or procedures reflect actual operations.Click for more info