ATC Supervisor - Initial Training
- 2 weeks
ATC Supervisor is a training programme proposed jointly by DSNA Services and ENAC, the French Civil Aviation Academy.
For a fair balance between theory and practical case studies, we propose training courses delivered by two instructors: an ENAC expert and an operational ATC Supervisor working for DSNA, the French ANSP.
Three levels are proposed (Initial, Refresher, Advanced) to provide senior Air Traffic Controllers with relevant guidelines that will help them succeed as Air Traffic Control Supervisors.
Initial training (10 days) - Topics covered:
- Human Resources management & Human Factors
- Unusual situations
- Emergency procedures
- Air Traffic Flow and Capacity Management basics
- ATC Supervision vs Technical Supervision (cooperation & procedures)
- ATC Supervision vs local Authorities (cooperation & procedures)
- Exercises and experience sharing
- Workshops based on realistic scenarios
- Design of customised Emergency checklists
- Visit of a French ATC OPS Unit
Pre-requisite(s): significant experience as an Air Traffic Controller
Next sessions at ENAC : 19-30 Nov 2018, 13-24 May 2019 - or upon request
See more at www.dsnaservices.com or at www.enac.fr.