Telecommunications Technical Coordinator
Airways is looking for someone with excellent technical and communication skills to work in their 24/7 Air Traffic Control co-ordination centre in Christchurch. The role of the Technical Coordinator is the primary interface and first response for all national services offered by Airways Technology Group.
- Monitors and co-ordinates all repair and maintenance work activities across our highly integrated and extensive infrastructure throughout New Zealand.
- The systems monitored and coordinated include networked navigational aids, surveillance, air traffic management and communication systems which provide position information and communication channels to air traffic controllers and pilots.
- Identify failure modes, isolate to a failed system and either remediate remotely or escalate to an appropriate field technician.
- Access risk and impact of failed systems or removing systems for planned maintenance
- You will co-ordinate planned and unplanned work between our field technicians, engineers and air traffic operations while ensuring minimal risk to the flow of air traffic.
- You will be required to request NOTAMS providing information on service availability and integrity.
- You will be required to attain and maintain the equipment competencies necessary to perform the operational duties of the technical coordinator
- Carrying out delegated duties as assigned by the Team Leader – Technical Coordinator.
Skills and Experience:
This role is well suited to big-picture thinkers who can quickly and comprehensively understand and resolve technical incidents, potential conflicts, and risks, while ensuring safety is not compromised.
Airways is keen to hear from you if you have:
- Knowledge of radio, electrical, electronic, digital, network and ITSM theory
- Aviation / avionics background with RF, electronics, and network qualifications
- Systems-level knowledge of Air Navigation Systems and Air Traffic Management equipment
- Experience working with a major maintenance management system
- Proven skills in the repair and maintenance of complex electronic and digital systems
- Proven fault isolation and diagnostic skills