Airport Traffic Engineer (ATSEP) - Various Airports
NATS is currently recruiting to fulfil several permanent operational engineering positions at our airport units including London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Farnborough, Aberdeen, Bristol, Stansted, Manchester and possibly others in the future. NATS' Air Traffic Engineers provide maintenance and support services for a range of Air Traffic Control (ATC) Systems in the Communications, Navigation, Surveillance (CNS) and Information domains.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Plan and carry out (within defined Competency Ratings) planned and corrective maintenance on a range of Air Traffic Control (ATC) Systems.
- Monitor the status of operational safety related equipment to detect any potential degradation of normal operation.
- Prioritise faults and or direct engineering resources towards a safe and expeditious restoration of service.
- Make operational decisions; provide guidance, specialist advice and assistance.
- Maintain clear and accurate records for all activities where required.
- Fully brief and co-ordinate with ATC and other engineering staff, supervise Airport Maintenance Engineers and contractors ensuring compliance with NATS Management System(s).
- Engineering qualification to Higher National Certificate (NVQ Level 4) as a minimum in Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications or Computer Science and relevant experience.
- Undertaken structured Engineering training (e.g., recognised apprenticeship) and have extensive engineering experience.
- Full UK Driving Licence