Populus Recruiting is looking for a highly responsible Air Traffic Control Specialist to provide air traffic control services at one of our many towers across the USA. Work involves planning, directing, and coordinating the air traffic control system for the airport and surrounding airspace in accordance with FAA regulations. The work is performed with a high degree of independence under the overall supervision of the Air Traffic Manager.
NOTE: A VALID CONTROL TOWER OPERATOR CERTIFICATION (CTO) OR FAA CREDENTIAL WITH A TOWER RATING IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE.
Populus Recruiting: This is a company that believes in its people and putting them first. If you want to come to work at a business that was built for air traffic controllers by an air traffic controller you have found the right place. You will be more than a number here!
What you will do:
Air Traffic Controllers (ATCs) control air traffic on and within the vicinity of the airport according to established procedures and policies to prevent collisions and minimize delays arising from traffic congestion. The incumbent is responsible for the safe, orderly, and expeditious movement of air traffic through the nation's airspace. ATC duties include:
• Answering radio calls from arriving and departing aircraft.
• Issuing landing/takeoff instructions.
• Issuing information such as runway to use, wind velocity and direction, visibility, taxiing instructions, and pertinent data on other aircraft operating in vicinity.
• Issuing air traffic clearances.
• Taking and disseminating weather observations at Limited Aviation Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS).
• Transferring control of aircraft to receiving facilities when aircraft leave their airspace, and receiving control of aircraft coming into their airspace.
• Operating various types of equipment such as: radios, telephones, interphones, computer systems, radar, recording systems, weather equipment, light guns, airport/runway lighting systems, and backup equipment.
• Alerting airport emergency crews and other designated personnel when aircraft are having flight difficulties.
• Coordinating with and issuing instructions to airport vehicles and personnel.
• Maintaining and disseminating records of daily operations.
• Conduct OJT-Instruction, as required.
Available locations are listed below:
St Cloud, MN
New Bedford, MA
La Crosse, WI
Grand Island, NE - Air Traffic Manager role
Francis Gabreski, NY
Capital City, PA - Air Traffic Manager role
Apply for this job