The First Flight Operations Efficiency Conference brings together a great set of speakers and high quality aviation providers for a comprehensive overview of topical issues in the field of flight operations. The Conference is held in Istanbul, Turkey on September 26-27, 2013 at the Novotel Istanbul.
This event is a meeting of experts in the fields leading toward flight efficiency, such as fuel and ATM management, new technologies, flight safety and flight dispatch.
‘’We have gathered a set of speakers that present cutting edge strategies in several case studies and presentations’’ – says Alain Pallas, Managing Director of Europe Congress. Temel Kotil, Ph.D, CEO, Turkish Airlines officially opened the two-day-conference to leave the chairmanship to Jean-Jacques Speyer, Professor in Aeronautics, Lecturer IFSA, Paris (Airbus – retired), Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
The event features prominent speakers on both days: Jean-Jacques Speyer and Jan Váňa (Director of WheelTug plc.) opened the agenda by discussing the relation between cost reduction and flight operations efficiency; Frank Lumnitzer (Head of Fuel, Environmental and Air Traffic Management - Cpt. B757/B767, Condor Flugdienst GmbH) and Reşat Gündüz (Operational Fuel Manager, Turkish Airlines) showcased how to improve fuel management; Ricardo Génova Galván (Director of Flight Operations, Iberia) and Mesut Gurbuz (Flight Operations Capacity and Efficiency Manager from Turkish Airlines) exchanged views on ATM Modernization; Maarten Temminck (Project Manager, Denim Air, ACMI) and Jim Jackalone (Director - Flight Efficiency Products & Services Honeywell Aerospace) will present the latest technological innovations in the field of avionics; two Air France representatives - Gilles Laurent (Quality and Flight Safety VP A320 Captain) and Didier Nicolini (Technical Development, Innovation & Transformation Deputy VP A320 Captain) will introduce the FRMS project; Jörn Sellhorn-Timm (Chairman of the German Airlines Dispatcher Association) will close the agenda with a case-study on flight dispatch and FOO Qualification Requirements.
An interactive panel discussion, scheduled for Day 1 and moderated by Jean-Jacques Speyer, helped find efficient ways to build a dialogue between airlines and airports. Amongst other panelists: Frank Lumnitzer, Jan Váňa and Fergus Wilson (Chief Operating Officer, Aer Lingus).
Apart from the educative sessions, leading suppliers exhibit and make presentations, while promoting the latest solutions and products in the avionics industry. Among them Honeywell, gold sponsor of the event, Air Support, WheelTug, AirData, International Flight Support (IFS), and AIMS – airline software.
The programme also includes networking breaks and the fabulous Gala dinner at G Balik restaurant, that will close the program of day one of the conference.
Flight Operations Efficiency Conference Fact Sheet
26th -27th September 2013
Hilton Garden Inn - Istanbul, Turkey
- Maximize airlines potential by prioritizing flight operations efficiency
- Achieve cost-efficiency while maintaining an optimal operational profile
- Analyse recent developments in fuel and biofuel programs to slow down the increase in costs and gas emissions
- Hear about the latest innovations in technology and how they affect flight operations
- Bridge the gap between airport/ground operations and flight operations by improving data transfer communication and management
- Minimize risk and environmental pollution through sustainable and cost-value programs
- Improve human factors and safety through efficient dispatch training and fatigue management
- Gain insights into the European regulatory system and the ways it can be challenged for a more standardized efficiency
- Central Europe
USA , Middle East, Asia, Africa: 20%
Agenda and Program
- Q&A sessions and panel discussions
- Conference program addressing topical issues about flight operations efficiency (Recovering From the Economic Downturn: Insights and Challenges, Cost Reduction and Sustainability Through Fuel and Biofuel Efficiency, Paving the Way to the ATM Modernization, The European Regulatory System and Daily Flight Operations, New Technologies and Efficiency, Human Capital and Flight Operations)
- Gala dinner, luncheon and interactive networking breaks
Expected number of visitors
- 15-20 speakers
- 30-40 delegates
- 4-5 Solution Providers
Phone: +420 226 804 080