2015 was another successful year for the Frequentis group: total operation performance increased more than 6% to EUR 228 million. In terms of order intake we reached a new all-time high of EUR 219 million. Over 300 customers in more than 120 countries already put their trust in the specialised know how and Frequentis’ many years of experience in the mission-critical environment – this underlines the strong position of Frequentis on the global markets.
Frequentis AG is an international supplier of communication and information systems for control centres with safety-critical tasks. Such “Control Centre Solutions” are developed by Frequentis for the business segments of Air Traffic Management (civil and military air traffic safety, air defence) and Public Safety & Transport (police, fire and rescue services, emergency medical services, vessel traffic and railways). With a market share of 30%, the Austrian-based company is world market leader for voice communication systems in air traffic management; additionally, it is world market leader in Aeronautical Information Management.
In 2015, the company group was able to further reinforce its strong position as niche supplier in the safety-critical area. Projects in the markets addressed by Frequentis include
- The continued successful rollout of the ISVR program with the US Federal Aviation Administration with already more than 100 VCS 3020X Communications Systems deployed
- The contract with the German Armed Forces for the delivery of a National Air Policing Centre
- An ADQ (Aeronautical Data Quality) order for German regional airports
- The further development of the communication system for London‘s Metropolitan Police as part of the ESN (Emergency Services Network) project
- The delivery of GSM-R equipment for the Romanian state railways
- The renewal of the maritime system for the Norwegian coastguard
In the business year of 2016, we are going to stay on the path of sustainable growth. The cornerstone for Frequentis’ company strategy is the orientation towards Control Centre Solutions and the further expansion of the portfolio for communication and information solutions.
For more information, please consult the Frequentis Annual Report 2015.