ATC Network will be facilitating a Frequentis Webinar on the 21st September: Remote virtual towers: Business case, research and practical experience.
Remote virtual towers is a new and innovative concept in ATM. This webinar will discuss the business case and practical implementation aspects for Remote towers. We’ll address the following questions:
1) What are the latest developments around the world?
2) Business case and drivers, why should ANSPs go for Remote tower, and why not?
3) Research aspects: Political, social and technical issues of Remote tower
We invited the following remote tower thought leaders to share their views:
• Jennifer Beechener, Editor, Jane's Air Traffic Control
• Conor Mullan, Managing Director, Think Research
• Clyde Rinkinen, Associate Professor & Martin Lauth, Associate ATM Professor, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
Markus Klopf is Strategic Marketing Manager at Frequentis, specialized in air traffic management and aviation solutions. Markus has over 20 years of global experience in the telecommunications and IT sector, managing complex products and solutions for B2B markets. By driving and supporting the Frequentis NEXTGEN and SESAR research activities, he is aligning the company’s research agenda for ATM product strategies. He is involved in International interest groups such as CANSO, ATCA, being active in workgroups related to airport management, and is also co-founder of the ATCA Young Aviation Professionals (YAP), a group focusing on developing the industry’s newest leaders.