CAA - Qatar
PO Box: 3000
Al Sharq Tower, behind Qatar National Museum, Old Al Salata
Tel + 974 44557333
Fax + 974 44557103www.caa.gov.qa
Air Traffic Control Division has the following functions:
- To carefully monitor air traffic in the Qatari air Space during take off as per the ICAO measures and regulations. The purpose is to prevent airplane accidents.
- To offer navigation services to control air traffic in the airport and airways in collaboration with the competent control tower.
- To monitor equipment and employees operating within the maneuver zone and airplane parking area, in order to prevent collision with the airplanes landing or taking off; and to provide weather forecasts and possible turbulences.
- To assist pilots in cases of emergency as per ICAO and local rules and regulations.
- To coordinate in advance with the different Agencies operating within the airport while maintenance is being carried out on devices used to guide planes.
- To inspect runways and lightings on a daily basis; and to prepare reports or issue orders regarding their maintenance, if required, to competent Agencies .
- To ensure that all navigation and telecommunication devices are in good condition.
- To ensure all Navigations maps required for landing are provided to airplanes; and to ensure they are modified when required.
- To report to concerned Agencies; and to fully coordinate with other Agencies in cases of emergency.
- To provide necessary guidelines to airplanes that loose track, ensuring they don't enter prohibited Areas.
- To Provide maps navigation and information on Airways and directions to beginner pilots and pilots who lack acquaintance with the region.
- To guide rescue workers during emergency; and to notify hospitals, and neighboring search and rescue centers.
- To monitor communications Frequencies with control towers; and to take prompt measures to address all kinds of emergency cases.
- To issue and distribute navigation bulletins related to aviation activities to stakeholders as per their needs.
- To issue and refer invoices for landing and Parking fees to the designated collection authorities.
- To organize and follow up modifications on approaching and landing plans (Navigation Charts).
- To draw up training plans and programs for workers within the division in collaboration with competent authorities within the QCAA.