CAA - United Kingdom
Gatwick Airport South
West Sussex , RH6 0YR
Tel +44 330 022 1500
Fax +44 20 7379 4784www.caa.co.uk
Who we are
Aviation is one of the world’s fastest growing modes of transportation, relied upon by millions of people across the globe. It connects people and economies and opens up markets.
The International Group, part of the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), is committed to supporting the sustainable success of air transportation by raising the standards of aviation across the globe, to protect those who choose to fly, as well as those who don't.
There are three functions within the International Group. Each of them fosters strong and lasting relationships with organisations across the aviation spectrum, to lay the foundations for long term collaboration on safety and security performance and progression of aviation strategies:
- Our International Strategy and Engagement team works with global and regional organisations, as well as aviation agencies, on international policy issues.
- Our State Safety Partnerships programme engages with individual states, their industries and UK industry on the management of safety performance and risk mitigation.
- CAA International is our technical advisory arm, providing capacity building, technical advice, training, examination and licensing services internationally, generating profit with a purpose and allowing us to redeploy funds where they are needed most.
Our shared focus is making a widespread positive impact on the global aviation community, by bringing together experience, technology and resources in an actionable and long-lasting way.
We work together for better aviation – shaping tomorrow’s international aviation legislation, improving regulatory capacity and efficiency and sustaining society’s confidence in aviation.
A world where every state has a sustainable aviation system protecting those who fly and those who do not.
Developing fundamental partnerships and growing our influence worldwide to tackle major aviation challenges and achieve consistent standards of regulation across the globe.
We exist to improve aviation standards sustainably across the globe, connecting states with expertise from the CAA and developing our partners’ people to help them lead the aviation world of tomorrow. Where our activities make a profit, we reinvest a sustainable proportion to extend our reach and fulfil our purpose.
- UK Civil Aviation Authority launches funding to help deliver airspace modernisation administrator ATC Network
- UK Civil Aviation Authority sets out vision for future of UK airspace administrator ATC Network
- CAAi-led consortium to study the impact of security measures on aviation safety administrator ATC Network
- AAIB Shoreham report - statement from the CAA administrator ATC Network
- Drone safety targeted by new joint CAA/NATS initiative administrator ATC Network
- Amazon and CAA will trial drone delivery system in the UK administrator ATC Network
- Major consultation on improvements to UK Airspace change process - one month to go administrator ATC Network
- CAA announces air show fees decision following consultation administrator ATC Network
- The CAA launches major consultation on improvements to UK airspace change process administrator ATC Network
- CAA publishes action report from ongoing Air Display Review administrator ATC Network
- Major airspace changes approved by the CAA making airline flights more efficient administrator ATC Network
- AOPA Wings Award gets CAA recognition administrator ATC Network
- Infingement hotspots face big reduction targets administrator ATC Network
- CAA releases update on UK’s implementation of the Standardised European Rules of the Air (SERA) administrator ATC Network
- CAA approves controlled airspace for Southend administrator ATC Network
- CAA confirms permanent ‘listening out squawk’ for Glasgow administrator ATC Network
- Air Navigation Order goes under the Microscope administrator ATC Network
- Visit ATC Day launched administrator ATC Network
- CAA announces replacement of Class F Airspace administrator ATC Network
- Online test launched for infringing pilots administrator ATC Network
- Pilot controlled lighting switched on for GA Pilots administrator ATC Network
- CAA issues advice regarding Tour de France airspace restrictions administrator ATC Network
- CAA announces measures to improve safety of offshore helicopter operations administrator ATC Network
- CAA briefs aviation industry on restructuring programme administrator ATC Network
- Gadget Restrictions to be eased for UK Air Passengers administrator ATC Network
- Red tape to be slashed for aviation sector administrator ATC Network
- Wider availability of instrument approaches proposed for UK administrator ATC Network
- CAA asks for info on illegal public transport flights administrator ATC Network
- GA Airprox incidents continue to fall administrator ATC Network
- Visit ATC Day announced for 2013 administrator ATC Network
- CAA announce intention to replace class F airspace administrator ATC Network