Malta Transport Centre Pantar Road
Lija , LJA 2021
Tel +356 212 222 03www.transport.gov.mt
To assist the Director General for Civil Aviation in fostering safety and the economic development of civil aviation in Malta within a balanced safety oversight system in which both the State and the aviation industry share the responsibilities for the safe, regular and efficient conduct of their activities.
About Us CAD
The Civil Aviation Directorate within Transport Malta regulates all aviation activities in Malta due to membership of the following organisations:
- The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)
- The European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC)
- The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
The Civil Aviation Directorate ensures that the Maltese air transport industry, in all its aspects, continues to be developed in a safe and efficient manner in order to serve the island’s needs.
The Civil Aviation Directorate has a range of responsibilities and offers a selection of services to ensure the safety of those involved and to regulate all practices.
The Civil Aviation Directorate is responsible for:
- The safety of aircraft
- Aircraft and aerodrome operators
- Air navigation service providers
- The licensing of aeronautical personnel
- The conclusion of international air services agreements