Department of Civil Aviation and Maritime
To create and promote a safe, efficient and reliable air traffic system for St. Maarten and its citizens.
To ensure the highest levels of Safety, Security and Effectiveness for St. Maarten Aviation industry.
- To advise on matters concerning airport, and on companies that provide transport and telecommunication services;
- The responsibility of policy, laws and legislation concerning the Aviation, as well as the supervision of the implementation of this;
- Coordinating The Aviation Policy with other ministries, the administrative authorities of the other kingdom partners, independent governing bodies and private agencies whose activities have interfaces with that policy;
- Manage political and economic aviation affairs of St. Maarten within the Kingdom, internationally and regionally.
- The management of the Aviation register of St. Maarten;
- The responsibility for supervision of the compliance with the laws and legislation and international treaties, as well as on the aero technical and operational activities of governments and private agencies in the area of Aviation;