Transport Authority Letisko M.R. Štefánika 823
Bratislava , 05
Tel +421 2 43 63 85 86
Fax +421 2 43 42 03 31www.nsat.sk
Transport Authority was established by the Act No. 402/2013 Coll. on Regulatory Authority for Electronic Communications and Postal Services and on Transport Authority and on amendments of several acts, coming into force on 1 January 2014 as a state administrative body with nationwide competence in the area of railways and other guided transport, civil aviation and inland waterway transport.
- a) undertakes activities in the area of railways and other guided transport, civil aviation and inland waterway transport within the scope and under conditions set by the above mentioned Act
- b) cooperates in the area of its powers with the Ministries and other state administration bodies, with the European Union bodies, International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC), European Railway Agency (ERA), Independent Regulators´ Group – Rail (IRG – Rail), European Network Rail Regulatory Bodies (ENRRB), AQUAPOL, Danube Commission and Border River Commission (KHV),
- c) acts in accordance with other binding legal regulations.
Professional competence, duties and powers of the Transport Authority are set in binding legal regulations provided for the area of railways and other guided transport, civil aviation and inland waterway transport, especially the following Acts:
- Act No. 143/1998 Coll. on Civil Aviation (Civil Aviation Act) and on Amendments
of Some Acts,
- Act No. 338/2000 Coll. on Inland Navigation and on Amendments of Some Acts,
- Act No. 513/2009 Coll. on Railroads and on Amendments of Some Acts,
- Act No. 514/2009 Coll. on the Transport on Railroads.
The Transport Authority is a budgetary organization coupled through financial relations with the State budget by means of the budgetary chapter managed by the Ministry of Transport, Construction and Regional Development of the Slovak Republic.
For oversight and supervision over flight navigation services and activities concerning the European Aviation Safety Agency, also the resources outside the state budget are used.
The Transport Authority is in its activities independent, professional and transparent. State administration bodies, entities, state power authorities, nor any other persons may manipulate the Transport Authority in its activities.