Developed using Snowflake Software's
GML API for Java and the
NASA's World Wind SDK, Snowflake's
free to download ATM Viewer enables users to visualise and interact with AIXM 5 and AIXM 5.1 data on a 3D globe, customise the visualisation, and navigate and select AIXM features.
Free for commercial use, feature highlights include:
- 3D Visualisation of AIXM 5.0 and AIXM 5.1
- World wide detailed backdrop imagery from Bing
- Globe as well as Flat Earth views
- 3D Terrain support
- Smooth airspace layers slider
- Add your own OGC Web Map Service (WMS)
- Fast, extensible AIXM parsing based on Snowflakes proven GML API for Java
- Detailed domain model providing access to all features and properties
- Free to download and free for commercial use All you need is some AIXM data
- Future enhancements to support WXXM and FIXM data
The ATM Viewer for AIXM makes the visualisation of complex aeronautical information quick and easy, without the requirement for any additional software. We've integrated our GML geometry API modules with NASA's World Wind globe viewer, enabling users to literally fly around the globe and view their AIXM data over digital satellite imagery, explains Ian Painter, Managing Director, Snowflake Software.
Working closely with the FAA and Eurocontrol on the NextGen and SESAR projects for the modernisation of air traffic management, Snowflake is working to improve the management and distribution of aeronautical, flight and weather information in digital form through exchange models based on Open Standards. The new ATM Viewer sits alongside Snowflakes established data exchange software GO Loader and GO Publisher to provide a complete decoupled AIM solution aligned to the concept of System Wide Information Management (SWIM).
The ATM Viewer is free to download from the Snowflake website at www.snowflakesoftware.com/atm-viewer/ with wiki support and regular free software updates as new features are added.